Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

All Hail The Mail! (12)


The first lot of books are the review copies I received this week, and the second lot are the books I bought from The Book Depository. I'll be catching up with 2012 books I missed throughout the year, starting off with sequels ;)


Night School: Legacy by C.J. Daugherty
I was shocked by how much I enjoyed the first book of this series. I'm desperate to return to this world and see what my favourite characters are up to this time! If you haven't read these books yet, I strongly suggest you do so now!

Rise by Andrea Cremer
Rift was a fabulous read, minus the Eira POV scenes... Fingers crossed that this book is just everything I loved about the previous!

Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
No words needed. Almost everyone on Earth and Mars loved Under The Never Sky and I'm 110% sure that I'll love this one just as much or more.

Hooked by Liz Fichera
I have a strange fascination with stories where chicks play sports on men's teams. I've seen baseball, football, soccer and basketball...but golf. That's a new one! I was really excited when I first heard about this novel. The reviews at the moment aren't stellar but I still hope it doesn't disappoint!

When We Wake by Karen Healey
Another one with a great concept. I haven't read many books involving reanimation, but this one sounds like it has a lot of potential.

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Although the book itself was wonderful (and received a high rating from me), I was really disappointed by the romance and Juliette as a character. I disagree with so many things she did... Maybe I'll dock another half star later on when I get to reviewing it... *needs to ponder*

Prodigy by Marie Lu
Can you see the drool leaking from my mouth yet? I'm desperate for more Day and June! If this is as good as Legend... *faints* My weak little heart can't handle it.

Disharmony: The Laeduin by Leah Giarratano
I really didn't like Disharmony that much so I am quite reluctant to continue this series. I think now is a time where I'll be a little mean and let my fellow Aussies read it first LOL.


Endlessly by Kiersten White
I've always loved this series. Kiersten's such a comedian and her characters are very easy to love. I'm really looking forward to reading this final book!

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Well, it's no secret that Daemon and I are soul mates from another life. I am so ready to be charmed by this handsome devil all over again!

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I was told last year that I would be receiving an ARC of this but strangely enough, it never arrived. Cue immense disappointment. Since I only returned recently, I missed out on an Apollyon ARC too because they'd all run out by the time I got here! Cue indescribable disappointment. I'm really not used to missing out on ARCs of this series and having to wait for release LOL.

A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies
I'm not sure what to expect from this sequel but I will say this: I hope the love triangle doesn't go out of control. I vaguely remember the main character bouncing between the two guys before... Hopefully she's on her way to making up her mind and not thinking about them both 24/7.

Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs
Sweet Venom was another book I was really surprised by. For me, it was practically perfect and I loved every little thing about it. Can't wait to read this sequel!

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
"Hey, didn't I just see this book......" Why yes you did. But I had to buy myself the US hardcover edition to match the previous book! Now isn't Perry just looking fiiiiiiiine?

Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck
Give me more Ren and Kishan! My body is ready. I remember the previous book left us at a nail-biting cliffhanger. I really hope this book is "epic", considering the first three have been building up to this! Or perhaps Colleen's saving that for the final book.............

Heaven by Alexandra Adornetto
It doesn't seem like this series has the biggest fans, but I love Bethany and Xavier. If their relationship is too sweet and lovey-dovey, I either don't notice or don't care. (It's like sometimes how insta-love doesn't bug you in a book when you usually HATE it.)

Thank you to Hachette, Harlequin, Allen & Unwin and Penguin for the review copies!

Very excited about the books I have waiting here for me! What did you think of them?

What did you receive in your mailbox this week? 
Leave a comment and let me know!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...