Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

All Hail The Mail! (3)


All Hail The Mail will be posted weekly to showcase the books I've received for review! 

I almost didn't do a post this week. I only received one book on Monday and that was it! So...I was a little surprised when I woke up to seven packages on my doorstep on a Saturday morning. Yes, the posties are stepping it up! And I'm fairly certain that they're holding all of my packages to deliver in one go now. It's been the trend for the past few weeks! Not complaining too much since it's always fun to open a ton of packages at once ;)


The Glimpse by Claire Merle
I absolutely LOVED this book when I first read it (via Net Galley) but I'm so happy to have a gorgeous print copy in my hands. Isn't the cover stunning? My review and interview with Claire will be posted up when June comes around!

The Selection by Kiera Cass
I'm so excited to read this like you would not believe! I'm loving the sound of "The Bachelorette" with a Prince and love back home thrown in! *runs around* I've read mixed reviews but I'm going into this with guns blazing ;) Not sure why the Australian covers have that pink tinge….the original US covers look so much better!

The City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
I almost forgot this was coming out until about 2 weeks ago. The previous book didn't hugely impress me so I've got my fingers crossed that this is better. Am I the only one that misses the first three books? :( It's something crazy when even Jace isn't making me love a book!

Changeling by Philippa Gregory
I hadn't heard of this before but it sounds intriguing! I don't read a lot of historical YA but it seems as if it'll be a fun adventure romance ;) It's set in Italy too! I want to meet this so-called gorgeous Luca Vero now....

Disharmony: The Telling by Leah Giarratano
Well…what can I say? This book sounds BADASS. Psychopath, empath, genius. Killer combination, much?! Despite some so-so reviews, I'm looking forward to reading this. PLEASE impress me. You sound amazing and I'll be very disappointed if you're not… *guilt trips*

Surrender by Lee Nichols
Loved the first two books! This is a little late, as I didn't realise it was out in Australia yet….. The previous book ended on such a hopeless note but I've heard that this one manages to be fun and entertaining. We'll see! *sad this cover doesn't match her first two*

Dead Time by Anne Cassidy 
I wasn't too keen on this when I first saw it but after reading the summary…. Disappearing parents, murders and reunions with stepbrothers plus some more-than-family feelings? Eek! Reviews look a little negative…but I'll have to judge for myself!

The Look by Sophia Bennett
This cover is beautiful. The edges of the pages are pink. Pink. Hot pink. I love it! And the story sounds like it'll be very interesting. Juggling a sister with cancer and modelling? Ooh.

The Death Cure by James Dashner
I NEED TO READ THIS SERIES. It looks amazing and I still have the second book untouched on my shelf from last year. *shame* Will be reading these when I can grab the time!

Operation Trinity by Clifford Riley
Feeling a little horrible since these MG books from Scholastic are just piling up but I WILL get to them one day! This is ANOTHER new series in the Cahill Files world… I hope I end up reading them in the correct order ;)

Thanks to Allen & Unwin, Harper Collins, Simon & Schuster, Penguin, Bloomsbury and Scholastic for the books this week!

What did you receive this week? Leave me your links! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...