Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

In My Mailbox: 21/4/12 & Giveaway Winners!!


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren. Let us know what books you've bought, borrowed or received for review!

*coughs* I'm sure you all notice the sad absence of my INSURGENT review copy. Umm...postal delay. Horrid. *sniffles* I wish I lived on the other side of Australia.... *teleports*


The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
This is one of the best books I've read...EVER. It's THICK but I nommed it down in one night. I would never have picked this up, had it not said Julie Kagawa on the cover. Seeing as how she has a fabulous reputation....I took the chance and boy did it paid off. The summary sounds wacky and not something I would usually read but this book is seriously BRILLIANT. This is the first book I've read by Julie (I know, shocking) BUT I should be receiving my very delayed set of Iron Fey books from Harlequin next week.. What did you guys think of the Iron Fey series compared to The Immortal Rules? Same level as awesome? Nearly? More?

Allegiance by Kayla Kluver
Okay, so you might not recognise this because of the Australian cover but...this is the amazing book with the cover of the beautiful girl on her pretty horse.. *grins* I love this series and read the ARC of this book a few months ago on Net Galley so here's my review! Did you all see the GORGEOUS cover for Sacrifice? <3 RED!

Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins
Two words: AMISH ROMANCE. So according to the lovely publicist, this book has a super super sweet and swoony romance so she just had to send it to us. Errm...sold? Really looking forward to reading this one!! <3

The Glimpse by Claire Merle
Ever since I came across this book and was given the chance to release the new gorgeous cover, I've been drooling over the summary and desperately wanting to get my hands on a copy. I LOVE DYSTOPIAN WHEN IT'S DONE RIGHT. My fingers are tightly crossed that this is an amazing read. Should be my next ;)

Fated by Alyson Noel
I actually decided not to request this when I received the publicity newsletter but it came unsoliticed so I guess I'll be reading it! A bit worried by the so-so reviews on Goodreads but I'm hoping it'll surprise me. I really didn't care for the sound of Alyson's Immortals series....and people have said that the two are somewhat similar? If you've read this, what did you think? :)

A big thank you to the beautiful Harlequin, Allen & Unwin/Faber & Faber and Pan Macmillan for the review copies!

What's in your mailbox this week? Let me visit!
Thoughts on these books? :)

ONE YEAR BLOGOVERSARY
Thank you to everyone who joined in and helped celebrate my blogoversary! <3 So as promised, three winners will receive their choice of one book. Congratulations!
QuinnR
Alice
Rachybee
Winners have been emailed and must respond within 48 hours otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
THE INDUSTRY by Rose Foster
Again, thank you to Harper Collins Australia for offering 10 giveaway copies!! The lucky lucky winners of this amazing book are:
Angela T
Erin W
Karen H
Michelle A
Rachel C
Rosa T
Mary P
Shirley G
Alice S
Teresa L
Your details have been forwarded onto the publisher and hopefully the books will arrive in the next couple of weeks. Enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...