Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Blog Event: Teaser - Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock


Eek! Hemlock! I am insanely excited for this book. Werewolves, secrets, lies and love? What's not to like?! The plot is intriguing and I'm just biting at the bit to meet these characters. How about them Trackers? Is it stupid to hope they're on the good side? LOL.
 
What do you think? Can May come fast enough? This teaser almost did my head in. That ending... *agonises* What will happen next? Hopefully I'll be swooning, rather than giving one of them a firm whack on the head for being stubborn. *smooshes them together* Romance! Romance! Romance! Jason or Kyle? Oooh....we'll have to wait and see!

Hopefully you've already got this on your TBR list. If not...... *glares* The wolves will attack while you're sleeping! Ahem. I mean...enjoy the teaser.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

He turned to face me and his eyes widened. "Are you crying?" He sounded a little panicked, like the sight of a crying girl was scarier than anything that had happened over the past forty-eight hours.

I dropped my gaze to my knees and clenched my fists.

Kyle rolled the chair closer, so close that my legs were between his. "Mac?"

I shook my head. So far, the tears hadn't fallen, but if I looked at him-if I thought about how scared he must have been-it would be like a dam breaking.

Kyle reached out and gently tilted my chin up, forcing me to meet his eyes. The expression in them was sad and a little broken. He swallowed. "Don't cry for me, Mac. Please don't." He leaned forward and rested his forehead against mine. "I'm not worth it."

My heart skipped several beats and then raced to catch up. I felt like I had stepped off a cliff and was plunging forty-thousand feet. "Kyle, I-"

I was still fumbling for the right words when he pressed his lips to mine.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

That was mean, right? Kathleen must've been feeling evil the day she sent me this! *sighs* I have a feeling I'll love Kyle but...Jason. Jason, Jason, Jason. How much will I love him? #Curious

Head over to Brodie's blog now to see a teaser from Dearly Beloved by Lia Habel! The first book in the series, Dearly Departed, was absolutely magnificent and I'm 100% ready to continue the journey with these characters! ZOMBIES ARE COOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...