Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Review: Bloodrose


Title: Bloodrose
Author: Andrea Cremer
Series: Witches War #3
Publisher: Philomel
Published: January 3rd 2012

Is true love worth the ultimate sacrifice? Calla has always welcomed war. But now that the final battle is upon her, there’s more at stake than fighting. There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath. There’s keeping Ansel safe, even if he’s been branded a traitor. There’s proving herself as the pack’s alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers’ magic once and for all. And then there’s deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.


Bloodrose is arguably the best book of Andrea Cremer's wolf series. With more action, romantic tension and suspense than ever before, you'll love this fast-paced read! Even though loose ends are all tied up and dusted, you won't be able to help still wanting more! After three deliciously addictive reads, you'll have a very hard time letting go of the characters you've loved for so long.

This book is filled to the brim with exciting adventure. The personal lives of the characters revolve around their journeys to dangerous lairs in search of the Scion's Elemental Cross. With it, they can kill wraiths and finally defeat the Keepers after centuries of failed attempts. It was a joy to reunite with the Searchers again. They're all unique and bring so much entertainment to the story. Ren finally discovers that Adne is his step-sister and they have the most heart-warming relationship! (Imagine what happens when little sister has an admirer? Oooh.) There's great camaraderie between everyone and I loved that Cremer made sure to give every single couple (yes, the secondary ones!) some page time for development.

I've always been a die hard supporter of Team Ren. Shay Shmay! Kick the puppy out and let the alpha male take the stage, am I right?! Well, I'm absolutely devastated to say it but…Bloodrose made me stop hating the human-turned-wolf. No, I'm not joking. I know it's a shock but he became someone I could respect and really like! My bitterness about Ren's obvious superiority faded and the playing field became much more even. In this book, both boys continue to prove themselves worthy of Calla and you will LOVE the big focus on romance. Have you always wanted to see Ren and Shay fight with their claws? Calla plus some bed action? Or would you be more surprised to see the boys getting along and alpha Calla taking control? Yowza! Honestly, Bloodrose is full of swoon-worthy material that'll call your inner fangirl to the surface immediately! Ren will always be my number one, but you can definitely go into this book expecting some real changes!

Ultimately, I think Cremer ended the series brilliantly. Even though my heartstrings are still loose and thin, I loved Bloodrose so much. Calla's relationships with both boys reach an ultimate high and are just developed that one step further. The love triangle is solved in a way that's perfectly fitting for the series, no matter which side you're on, and I really can't imagine things turning out any other way now! This review really doesn't do the book justice. If I didn't worry about boring you to death I'd go into extreme detail about every single thing I loved. Truly. A magnificent read you must sink your canines into ASAP, no matter how sad you'll be to see it end! *slinks away to cry* 


Okay, this is completely random but the adorable wolf mannerisms in this book? I can't take it! *giggles into pillow* There was a whole lot of tail wagging, tongues lolling out, nipping, yipping and snuggling. Andrea's trying to kill us. For real. 
"I rested my head on Shay’s forepaws. He laid his chin on the back of my neck, giving my ear a playful lick."


Find Andrea on Twitter, Goodreads, Facebook, her website and blog.
Buy Bloodrose from Amazon, The Book Depository and Barnes & Noble.
 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...