Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Top Ten Books I've Read In 2011



So this was very difficult for me. By the Top 20 mark, I was sweating! Broke my heart to leave out so many favourites but here are my Top 10 books! Sort of. 
Not in order and maybe even not the top 10...


Title: Clockwork Prince
Author: Cassandra Clare
Published: December 6th by Walker Books

This was even better than Clockwork Angel, can you believe it? The characters came alive and I wanted so badly to jump into the pages! There's no way you can resist the beautiful Victorian setting and the two gorgeous love interests… :) Clockwork killing machines and all, this is definitely a favourite series of mine!


 

Title: Legend (Review)
Author: Marie Lu
Published: November 28th by Penguin Australia

Day and June were such magnificent characters. They carried the emotionally tough story so well, bringing alive the excitement and danger too. This book really messed with my mind (in the best way possible) and I can't wait to read the sequel. After that ending! <3


 

Title: Power of Six (Review)
Author: Pittacus Lore
Published: August 23rd by Penguin Australia

After the so-so I Am Number Four, I was very surprised to find that the sequel was so amazing! Explosive action and great characters - what's not to love? I don't think I breathed too much whilst reading this! *phew*





Title: Cinder
Author: Marissa Meyer
Published: January 5th by Penguin Australia

I read this only a few days ago but WOW. Aside from the gripping and addictive plot, I fell in love with all of the characters (except for the evil ones…) immediately. Immense emotions of anger were felt (…towards said evil characters…) and I loved every minute of it. Re-read please!



 

Title: Carrier of the Mark (Review)
Author: Leigh Fallon
Published: October 11th by Harper Collins Australia

This had an amazing romance and unique mythology. Adam and Megan are even more "full on and swoonworthy" than Edward and Bella… Read this in one sitting and couldn't get enough of the plot! *hugs other characters* You're all wonderful too….


 

Title: Shatter Me (Review)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Published: November 15th 2011 by Allen & Unwin

Who hasn't read this? Come on! Is an explanation even necessary? The sizzling chemistry between Adam and Juliette…Juliette's super cool power of kill-by-touch….evil-but-maybe-not villains and everything else in between? *faints* MORE!!


 

Title: Spellbound (Review)
Author: Cara Lynn Shultz
Published: July 2011 by Harlequin Australia

So I remember reading this into the early hours of the morning. It got me so riled up I couldn't sleep so…I didn't! I think that day I read 2 or 3 books. I was in a mood ;) Another brilliant romance I didn't want to end! I wished for the book to keep going but..no. Sad day. Love the beautiful cover!



 

Title: Touch of Power (Review)
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Published: December 20th 2011 by Harlequin Australia

Oh Maria, how I love you so! I also loved Poison Study (see what I did there?) so I wasn't surprised by how much I enjoyed this. Avry and Kerrick…I love you. Can't wait to see you again next year! ;) I'm sure you'll be as smoking and badass as always.




Title: Under the Never Sky (Review)
Author: Veronica Rossi
Published: December 2011 by Murdoch Books

*swooons* Perry. You kill me. Why are you so sweet, dangerous, gorgeous and smart? Why do you have cool super powers? Why does Aria get you and not us? *huffs* Same time next year? Okay. Great.



 

Title: Divergent (Review)
Author: Veronica Roth
Published: May 3rd 2011 by Harper Collins Australia

Ah! How could anyone resist that exciting training and those evil competitors? Tris and Four are definitely one powerful couple. I'm sure the stakes will be even higher in Insurgent and I'm so ready!




Sooo...what did you think of the list? Any you loved also? Any you can't wait to dig into? 2011 has been an amazing year for YA, don't you think?
I'm so excited for December 31st to roll over! We have a huge list of 2012 titles to look forward to <3
Be sure to link me to your list and I'll definitely check it out!
Hope everyone had a great Christmas too! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...