Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top Ten Book Covers of 2011



Yesterday was the day to list our Top Ten Reads of 2011, today is our Top Ten Covers! So, like some *cough* did yesterday, I've also included an honourable mentions list ;) In no particular order, here are the gorgeous covers I couldn't help but drool over!

TOP TEN OF 2011


The Girl In The Steel Corset by Kady Cross: Oh the beautiful title in amongst the ruffles of Finley's even more beautiful dress!

Eve by Anna Carey: The typography and colours on this cover work magnificently. I love how they all fade into one another! And how about that gorgeous girl (or the back of her...) running to her freedom? Love the hair :)

Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep: I love all of the covers in the series but this one especially because well....FROST. Come on.



Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: This book caught my attention with it's stunning cover. When I read the amazing synopsis? Christmas came early this year!! Every element of this cover is pretty spot on. Who cares if it doesn't match the plot?

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder: The colours and elegant title just work. Hello lilies hiding in the background *wink* Big part of the novel!

Dearly Departed by Lia Habel: Dark-haired human beauty and zombie soldier? I'm in love! <3 Such a bold cover...

Across the Universe by Beth Revis: Upside down kiss - need I explain? For the longest time I didn't even realise it was two faces. I thought it was a starry vase. Like that optical illusion. *facepalm*



Wither by Lauren DeStefano: I think we were all wowed when we saw this amazing cover. It's not something we usually see on YA books, but how can you not love that dress and tortured pose?

Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon: That girl rising above the sea... <3 Very magical!

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand: I adore our Australian cover! That dress is stunning and I love the forest setting. Just perfect!

HONOURABLE MENTIONS


So, what are your thoughts? Do you think these covers are magnificent or what? ;)

Yes, the second list is almost as long as the first but... *whistles* You didn't see anything...
I'm really not sure which covers fit where! Maybe some should be swapped around?

Once again, leave me links and I'll be sure to check your lists out!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...