Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Teaser Tuesday & Top Ten Tuesday: Emotional Books

This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week we're listing the top ten books we had strong emotions for. Did you hate it? Did you cry? Laugh until your sides hurt? There are lots more that I'd love to put on this list.....but here they are!

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
If you've read this book, it's evident why I bawled my eyes out for days after I finished. The ending is devastating. The journey towards happiness is riddled with pain and trouble. My heart got very clawed up! Oh, the raw emotion <3 Magnificent read.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
I had some very strong love for this book. It's in my 2011 Top 5, somewhere at the top! This book was amazing and Adam… *swoons* One of the hottest book guys to exist! He does the sweet scenes….the protective scenes.....the make outs on the bed……the "hugs" in the shower……

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Once again, I think this is pretty self-explanatory. Stephenie went a little off the rails with that demon baby. It just didn't make sense! It's all very very impossible. That plus the anti-climatic "epic battle" with the Volturi… *facepalm* Difficult to get through! The scenes before and after the pregancy and battle were okay though....

Stay With Me by Paul Griffin
I cried over this book, just as much as I did over Forbidden. It was very sad in a completely different way. While Forbidden is tragic....Stay With Me does leave us with some hope but gosh. It's guaranteed that you'll cry anyway! Just beautiful from beginning to end.

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
This was hilarious. Evie......ugh, enough said. Absolute cracker, that girl is.

Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson
There may have been some fainting.....some fanning....some showers.....some scary girlish giggling... I fell head over heels in love with this book! The characters were magnificent. Absolutely.

Eve by Anna Carey
The end of this book just killed me. Tears were flying in all directions LOL. I need the sequel now!

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
I hated the ending. That's probably an understatement. An amazing series that's done crazy things to my insides...and then we come to the should-be-explosive ending..... *fizzles* How disappointing.
The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegan
Trinity doesn't hold back. Jax is one HOT guy. Seriously - she pushes the YA limit. Have an ice cold pool at hand!

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Every time I read this book when I was younger, I cried. I watch the movie...and I cry. It's all one big explosion of depression. Darn "I don't want you" scene in the stupid stupid forest always kills me *pouts* Twilight and Eclipse were read a lot back in the day! Stayed away from New Moon and Breaking Dawn!

What are your Top Ten?

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

The rules are simple!
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

Last night I began reading The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. Amazing! Not that I expected anything less from her ;)  Did everyone love this book or what?
I back up a few steps in the water and he follows me, and then I come after him and kick a splash at his body. He winces, looking deeply wounded, and then paws to splash me in return.
Yes, a killer horse. Sean Kendrick and his man-eating horse are playing around in the ocean. Sean Kendrick and his man-eating horse are playing around in the ocean, having fun because they share an amazingly sweet bond. Love?

What's your Teaser Tuesday?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...