Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop/TGIF: 30/9/11

Happy Friday! I'm officially on my break and can read tons and tons of books for the next few weeks. Last week, I read 6 in one weekend. What can I accomplish this week? ;)


Banned Books: How do you feel about the censorship of the freedom to read? Do you think the education system needs to be more strict on what children are exposed to in books? 

I don't think it's the right thing to do. People should be able to read whatever they like. What are we, in the middle ages? Ridiculous! I mean, unless the book has horrifying messages that no one on earth should read, then no, books should never be banned. If there is adult or controversial content, I think it's up to the child and the parent to decide how they go about that. Teenagers can handle adult content and are able to tell right from wrong. Books won't usually turn them into serial killers or convince them to take drugs so let it go! Of course, little kids shouldn't be reading these types of books but they don't anyway, do they? Young adults have brains so why take away their choices? Personally, I don't think the education system needs to up their strictness. Either keep it the same or lessen it!





What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?

Obviously the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead! It has so much potential as a movie because it has just about everything anyone could possibly want! It'd appeal to both genders, all demographics, etc. and in general has a great story. Adrian Ivashkov is my favourite character and he'd be played by an Ian Somerhalder / Chace Crawford hybrid. *nods*

Book Blogger Hop

In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favourite banned or frequently challenged book?

I can't find it on the ALA lists, but I know that Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma is banned by a lot of libraries. I was reading an article about it a while ago… Beautiful story. Loved it a lot. I understand why it would be banned (SO much controversial/adult content) but…it's still amazing and something people should read! If we're going by the list, perhaps the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead? How can you not love it? I think it's pretty rubbish to ban the whole series, after just a few pages of "lusty times" in the first book!

What do you think? Thoughts on banned books? Best book to movie? ;) Leave your links!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...