Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

In My Mailbox: 7/8/11


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren. Let us know what books you've bought, borrowed or received for review!

It's been a long week, filled with late-night reading attempts (ie. failure because of exhaustion) and blog designing! Unfortunately, this upcoming week won't be much better with my massive study load but I'll hopefully be good again the week after ;) Anyways, here are the books I received this week!





Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
This finally arrived in the mail! Read it yesterday morning and absolutely loved it. Who knew it was possible to love 20 characters and really know them all? This book was crock full of shocking twists!

White Cat and Red Glove by Holly Black
Thanks so much to Hachette Australia for sending these to me! I've heard so many good things about this series and I'm very excited to dig in! A little disappointed with these Australian covers but I'll definitely get the US versions one day.....

Wood Angel by Erin Bow
From what I've seen, this is a little fairytale-like! This was originally called Plain Kate, but I think this new title suits the story more. Thank you, Scholastic Australia!

The Understudy's Revenge by Sophie Masson
Scholastic also threw this one in my package. Don't think I'll be reading this - anyone interested? I mistook it for an adult book but no, it's actually YA. You learn something new everyday on Goodreads! ;)

Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr
I hit the jackpot. Found this boxset at Big W for $25! As soon as I heard, I rushed over and grabbed myself one. My careful planning of Wicked Lovely/Iron Fey/Strange Angels went out the window. I didn't care if this series was bad or not. I had to get it! Judgement will come whenever I get the time... Tons of books to review this month! Am I the only one who's noticed the huge list of September releases?

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Bought this from The Book Depository, ready for Supernaturally, which I'll be getting next week. Yes, I'm always prepared! Another series that I've heard lots of good about. 

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
I've read and reviewed this amazing book already but I didn't own it in print, so this week Badass Bookie and I traded :) I swapped my hardcover of City of Fallen Angels because I absolutely hate not-matching series! It was so out of place amongst the paperbacks :P Lisa also sent me some pretty swag, to make up for the big bucks I paid to send my package. COFA's so heavy!

Let me know what you received in your mailbox this week! What do you think about my books?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...