Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Musing Monday & Cover Crazy: 11/7/11


Cover Crazy is a weekly meme hosted over at The Book Worms! The point of this meme is to admire the art and beauty of a book’s design. So get over there and share your loved covers!

*drumroll* And the pretty cover this week is.......................Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver!


Well, hello you gorgeous thing! Without reading the summary, I'd be confused about the leaves and flowers in her hair. But seeing as I have read it, I think it's a great cover. Loving the colour scheme and the soft fierceness of the model!

Summary from Goodreads:
After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Are we excited for this, or what? I admit, I'm a bit worried about the "falling in love again" part, but Lauren's told us to trust her............
 
Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted over at Should Be Reading.

 Do you think it makes you NOT (or less) “well-read” if there are certain genres that you won’t read because you KNOW you won’t enjoy them? Why?

Absolutely not! So I don't read the "best books of the century"! And.......so what? Just because I don't have tastes for certain books, doesn't make me not "well-read". Why put myself through the torture of reading a book that doesn't interest me? Why waste valuable time when I could be reading something I know I will like? Even with the books I do read, I think that I read a variety of genres with different storylines. So I'm just fine, thanks!

~x-x-x~

Thoughts? Leave me some love! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...