Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

In My Mailbox: 9/7/11


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren. Let us know what books you've bought, borrowed or received for review!
 
 
So excited to read this. It sounds great! Thanks to Ramona for sending it to me :)
 
Like most girls at Rosemound High School, seventeen-year-old Lily Crane is acutely aware of Ryder Kingscott. Hands down the cutest guy in school, Ryder is cool, mysterious, and utterly untouchable…especially for Lily. For when she touches someone, Lily instantly learns all about their lives. And while such a skill might seem nifty, in truth it is wrecking Lily’s life.
So she is shocked when Ryder asks her out — and even more shocked to discover he has a rival. Lucian Bell is the gorgeous new kid who can’t take his eyes off of Lily. Being pursued by two hotties should make a girl happy, but Lily is skeptical. The boys act as if they’ve met before, hating each other with a passion that could only be rooted in a dark, dangerous past. A past full of terrible secrets. The kind of secrets that could get a girl killed.
 
 
Tris and Izzie by Metter Ivie Harrison 
I admit. I'm a little scared to read these. There are quite a number of...unfavourable reviews on Goodreads but just like me, I grabbed it from Net Galley to read it for myself. Hope I don't regret it... When I first heard of this months ago I was so excited! Fingers crossed.
 
A modern retelling of the German fairytale "Tristan and Isolde", Tris and Izzie is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until -- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school.

I was such a naughty girl and bought some books from The Book Depository this week. *ahem* I use the word "some" lightly. Pockets really are emptying now! Oh well, I absolutely cannot wait for them to arrive, along with some won and for-review books! :)

What's in your mailbox this week? Leave me some love in my brand new comments system! *stomps on Intense Debate*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...