Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop/TGIF: 22/7/11



Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or get advice on writing from?

Cassandra Clare: She's amazing. I've loved all of her books so far and I'd love to sit and pick her brain! *sighs* Might dive in and live there actually. Bye, guys!

Richelle Mead: Umm…same reason as above? Love both her young adult and adult series, although I've still got to read Dark Swan! One day, I tell you….one day.

Victoria Schwab: She's dead nice. Loved The Near Witch. So excited for The Archived. I'll take her out for coffee and we'll be epic BFFs. *nods* I totally won't hijack her laptop and take a peek at her upcoming work....

Book Blogger Hop

What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?

Well, with young adult, I don't think there's a specific genre that I can't get into. I'll try everything once and I'm not put off by labels. It's a case by case opinion! So far, I've dabbled into everything and have had good results! If anything, adult novels (with a few exceptions) are just.....not good. I don't know whether it's the blah storylines, blah language or what but...I just don't like them. They're not books that you can obsess about, you know? They're just...things to pass the time and even then, I think they're a bit of a waste. I'd much rather bury myself in YA but hey, millions of people like adult fiction so just ignore me :P


Where do you keep your books at home? Are they organized?

Alright.. *takes a deep breath* I sort out my bookshelves very often. I've got a big 8 cube bookcase in my room and have this other put-500-books-in-me bookcase out in the living room but...I'll chuck some books in those when my own bookcase explodes.

Obviously, my books are grouped in series but I've tried to get a colour theme going.
Block 1: The Mortal Instruments + other black/grey hardcovers
Block 2: Vampire Academy + Caster Chronicles
These two shelves are going to die. Once the other Mortal Instruments, Infernal Devices and Bloodlines books are released, I'll need to work on my stacking skills to get them all in right. The case is really deep but I'd hate to have to do two rows because then the back row will be hidden!!
Block 3: Whites, blues and greens. All nice, bright, fresh colours...and then Forever by Maggie Stiefvater comes in with red and wrecks everything. Guess I'll be sorting again!
Block 4: Everything Twilight. Books, companions, dvds, soundtracks, etc. Needs to be demoted to bottom block. :P
Block 5: Everything Supernatural. Dvds, books, etc. Glee and Vampire Diaries are also housed here!
other dvds.
Block 6: Reds, pinks, blacks and purples. My favourite block. So appealing and gorgeous LOL. Yummy reads here too!
Block 7:  All of my to-read books. Unsorted, though I still try to keep some sort of colour gradient thing going! *shrugs*
Block 8: Random non-YA books. Non-fiction, classics, etc.

Okay, I'm done now. One day when the bookshelf is more in order...I'll take some pictures for you all to admire.

Please leave me your Friday answers and leave me some love in the comments! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...