Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Beautifully Broken Blog Tour: Author Interview + Giveaway




Sherry Soule has won awards for her short stories and writes full-time. She writes young adult, horror, and paranormal. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her black cat, Charm. Sherry is also an Amazon book-buying-junkie, horror movie fanatic, and compulsive shoe shopper. Hey, a girl can never have too many shoes to wear or books to read!


Tell us three interesting things about yourself!
1)    I read a lot of poetry. I find it inspiring when writing dark gothic tales.
2)    I love to watch scary movies in the theater or at home. But it has to be very dark and quiet.
3)    I get a lot of ideas for stories from dreams. I dream a lot. All my dreams are very vivid like a movie.

In 100 words or less, why should people read Beautifully Broken?
Not every YA reader looks for books about first crushes, babysitting, and being part of the popular clique. Some prefer something darker, more passionate, intense, and definitely...more dangerous.
And since I love all things supernatural, and I knew that the young adult market was inundated with vampires, fairies, angels, and werewolves, I decided to make the heroine of my debut novel a sassy witch, who works in a haunted house. Because witches need love too!

What is it about the supernatural genre that you love so much?

EVERYTHING! The danger. The romance. The world-building where anything can happen.

What was your inspiration for Beautifully Broken?

I’ve always had a morbid fascination with ghosts and haunted houses.

If you were a witch, what power would you want to have and why?
Hmmm, the power of telekinesis. (The ability to move objects at a distance by mental power or other nonphysical means.)



Is there anything major in the novel that was changed from your first draft?
Most of the entire story. First drafts for me—are just that. I rewrite. Revise. And revise some more. I usually do 25 drafts at least.



Is there anything you've put from your real life into this novel?
Ravenhurst Manor is based on a real haunted house in California.


Perfect writing environment? Quiet. Home. No interruptions.

Favorite animal? Black Panther

Three words to describe yourself? Goofy. Headstrong. Snarky.

Favorite book? ETERNAL by Cynthia Leitich Smith

Favorite author? Rachel Caine

Favorite book character? Kaylee Cavanaugh

Sam or Dean (Supernatural)? You can’t make a girl between those two hotties! Love that show!!!

Guilty pleasure? Watching Vampires Diaries, TrueBlood, and SUPERNATURAL.

This is the first time that I've had a non-essay-length interview. *claps* Hello, short post! Long time no see ;) Thanks to Sherry for answering my questions!

Find Sherry on Twitter, Goodreads, Facebook and her blog.
Buy Beautifully Broken on Amazon (Print) (Kindle) and Barnes and Noble (Nook).


One winner will receive a copy of Beautifully Broken in whatever format they wish for Kindle or Nook.

International
Ends 31st July
Must be a GFC follower
[+1] Must comment on this interview with GFC name, email address and tell me what power you would like as a witch and why?
[+2] Extra entry - Comment on my review of Beautifully Broken
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...