Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Teaser Tuesday & Top Ten Tuesday: Book Blogging


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

The rules are simple!
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 


So I'm reading Half Blood at the moment. Loving it so far and couldn't stop laughing! I was tweeting with Jennifer last night whilst reading and told her to slap me if I fell asleep because I was dead tired. Also poked fun at...
"I was going to make it—I had to make it. I’d be super-pissed in the afterlife if I died a virgin in this craphole."
If you want to be specific, I was telling Jen that I hoped Aiden (the hottie love interest) ends up doing something about it! ;) Fingers crossed! Half Blood is fantastic and I really hope this excellence continues on until the end!

~x-x-x~

This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week we're talking about the top ten things about being a book blogger! Tried my best not to repeat things but ten's hard ;) Here we go!

1. Getting to meet new people. Who knew there were so many friendly readers and bloggers floating around?

2. Finding out about new books! I would be completely unaware about new series if it weren't for blogging. Di..ver..gent? What on earth is that?! *gasps* Oh the horror.

3. Having access to the latest news and books! Would I be reading so many reviews or interviews without blogging? No way! Would I be given the amazing opportunity to read so many new books? HELL. NO.

4. Being able to express my opinions. It's always great to find people who agree (or even disagree) with you. Book discussions are honestly the best! I have no book friends in real life (how awful!) so this is a great release.

5. Having a reason to read 3 books a day when I can. Obviously I'd read this much anyway if I wanted to, but this is just extra incentive and motivation ;)

6. Being organised and in the know. I'm really fussy with sorting and information keeping. I feel better now about having a ton of files on my computer. The ebooks and blog stuff I have are…crazy sorted. FOR EXAMPLE - Books > To Read > Publishers > Net Galley > June. I can't have them all in one folder like a normal person can I? Oh, let's not mention the lists.... -_-

7. Getting into contact with authors. Would I have the guts to do it without blogging? Probably not. Would I feel like I had a good reason to? Nope. Whether it's via Twitter, email, interview or physical events… Love it.

8. Making it a job - a fun job. I don't think there's enough satisfaction in just reading. It feels so much more wholesome when you're really in the action, keeping up to date, participating in activities and actually doing it for/with other booklovers!

9. Being in a big community. We're all friends - readers, bloggers, authors, publishers - like one big awesome family. Lucky and grateful to be a part of it! :)

10. Uhh, extra entries on giveaways? Yeah, you can see that I can't think of #10 because I don't want to repeat myself. So let's just say that having a blog gets you a few more entries for giveaways sometimes LOL.

~x-x-x~

Whew! Tough question this week. Another other reasons you'd like to add? Have you gotten your paws on a precious copy of Half Blood yet? :) Let me know!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...