Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Supernova Blog Tour: Author Interview + Giveaway

Today I have the honour of chatting with a certain C.L. Parker for the Supernova blog tour. Make sure you check out my review here!  

Blog Tour Stops:
Don't be scared by the length of this interview. She is an absolute darling - and quite hilarious, might I add - so you'll zip through it just fine ;) Oh, and she's not afraid to be a shameless perv so you've all been warned! 

~x-x-x~  

Thanks for joining us today here at Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me! It's lovely to have you.
Thanks, Lisa! I’m terribly nervous so I hope you won’t mind if I have a shot or five of Patron Silver to calm my nerves. Don’t mind me if I start taking my clothes off. Once the fire starts running through the veins and the numbness takes over, I sort of lose all inhibitions.  

Please tell us a little about yourself.
I’m not a very interesting person, to be honest. Although I was born in Los Angeles, my parents decided to move back to our Podunk little hometown in Kentucky when I was just two weeks old. We came back to a maelstrom of tornadoes, which I really think my parents should have taken as an omen to get the hell back out of town. Alas, they did not heed their warning. Was this a good or a bad thing? I’m not sure. Yes, I am. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. If they hadn’t brought me back here, I wouldn’t have been so bored that I had to look into other avenues of entertainment, which led me to the literary world. So it was a very good thing. I have two sons and one daughter. I also work a “regular” job as a retirement counselor.
Random facts: I have a condition called OCD that refuses to be denied. I firmly believe the glass is always half full. I choose to surround myself with positive people because I am a positive person. My best friends are my mom and sisters, even sisters we’ve adopted into our family because they’ve become that close to all of us. I dream of moving to St. Augustine, Florida, and I swear to you, I will do just that some day. I’m a huge fan of “Mary Poppins” and acted like a complete fool when I saw Her during the parade at Disney World – she blew me a kiss! Me, not the little snotty brats around me that didn’t have a clue who she even was. Wait, those were my own kids.

In 100 words or less, tell us why people should read Supernova?
Because Dominic Grayson is the epitome of good-googly-moogly, Kerrigan Cruz packs a lot of va-va-voom, and Gabe Baxter is…well, he’s Gay Gabe – and we all heart us some Gay Gabe. I’m kidding, sort of. Let me get serious here. Supernova’s concept is different from any other paranormal romance out there. I love the paranormal genre, but I wanted to write something that hasn’t been done before. I really believe this book does just that, but if I had to explain it to someone, they would probably think it’s stupid. You just have to read it to really get it.

Dominic is strong, fierce, loyal and protective. Is this how you would describe your dream guy?
Oh, absolutely. In this world filled with independent women who have no problem bringing home the bacon, there are only two things that we need a man for; protection and…well, the fun stuff. But we don’t want him out there having “fun” with anyone else – that might get him cut. You forgot to mention that Domic’s seriously drool-worthy, or maybe that’s just my own opinion. He fights hard, but loves even harder. He is selfless and makes sacrifices for the ones he loves – no matter what the cost; he’ll pay it to ensure their happiness and security. How could that not be the perfect man?

How did you come up with Kerrigan and Dominic's names and who/what were your inspirations for their characters?
Kerrigan and Dominic…I’ve just always loved those names. There was no master plan behind choosing them. Boring, I know, but it’s true. Now, as to who/what were my inspirations for them…Kerrigan is simple: Nina Dobrev’s “Vampire Diaries” character, Elaina. It’s not so much Elaina as it is the way Nina portrays her. She’s kind of soft spoken, yet assertive at the same time, and those doe eyes…I think the woman has a simple, wholesome beauty that makes her perfect for my vision of Kerrigan Cruz.
Dominic…*drum roll, please* Dominic’s personality is modeled after none other than Dean Winchester from “Supernatural”…le sigh. The looks, kind of/sort of/not really, although the green eyes slay me. I hear Dean’s (Jensen Ackles’s) voice in my head every time Dominic comes on the scene, and I’m instantly quivering. I’ve learned to keep a ShamWow in my seat because I never know when Dominic might choose to make an appearance. He sort of creeps up on me at times. I really think if Supernova were ever made into a movie, Jensen could simply dye his hair black, get painted up with the matching tattoos, and throw down with the role of Dominic Grayson. I’m really, really hoping that if that ever happens (yeah right), I get to be the one to audition him ;)

Is there anything major in the novel that was changed from your first draft?
Um, yes. In the first draft, I explained why Sinclair loathes the Cruz women so much – there’s more to it than what we all know at this point. I decided it would be best to save the explanation until book two.

What's the hardest thing about writing?
I don’t know that I find anything hard about writing. It’s their (the characters’) story to tell, not mine. I’m just putting it to paper. I do worry that I’m contradicting myself somewhere and won’t realize it until it’s in print. That’s why I have so many pre-readers – six, not including my editor. They all bring a certain specialty to the table with them.

If you were stuck on a deserted island, what five things would you bring?
This is an easy one: My flash drive, my laptop, a generator, my cell phone (with charger), and my Kindle. Wonder if it might be possible to get stuck soon? I have some serious writing to get done to meet my deadline ;)

Can you tell us something about yourself that most people don't know?
Well, most people don’t know anything about me. LOL! I served an enlistment in the US Navy. I also used to really be into Show Choir at my old high school. Yes, that would make me a Gleek. I don’t care. I loved to sing and dance.

What can we expect to see in the sequel of Supernova? Is there a tentative release date we can have (even just the year)?
The sequel to Supernova will be titled Cataclysm. It still holds the underlying comedic feel, but with a whole lot more drama, and lots, and lots, and lots more schmexy times. We also get the introduction of two new characters, including Dominic’s brother, Colton. In Cataclysm, a slew of things are thrown at Dominic, and even as I’m writing it now, I keep wondering when he’s going to finally crack.
Kerrigan is working so hard to help him, but you’ll see a little role reversal between the two of them. Now, she’s the one keeping a secret, but with all that he has on his shoulders, I can completely understand why she’s doing it. My pre-readers tell me they loved Supernova, but Cataclysm has taken the lead. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what the rest of the literary world thinks.
When might that be? I can’t give you the release date for Cataclysm yet because I sort of promised another site that I would make that announcement during their podcast interview, and that will air after your blog date. However, I can tell you that it will be released this year!
After Cataclysm, there will be one more book in the Supernova Saga, and then it will be complete. I’m also planning a series of seven books, and then a series of five that I believe will spin-off from that one.

Perfect writing environment? Early morning when my brain is well-rested, and the rest of the world is still sleeping.
Favourite book? This is a tie between the JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series and the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning
Favourite author? JR Ward, and I’m sort of falling hard for Darynda Jones
Favourite book character? Can I go with Gabe on this one? LOL! Other than my own characters, I’m in lust with Rhage from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Female character would have to be Charley Davidson from First Grave on the Right.
Favourite TV show? SUPERNATURAL – Love me some Winchester boys!
Favourite movie? So hard to choose. The Notebook, the Twilight Saga, PS I Love You, and Mary Poppins (duh). You’ll also see the significance of Mary Poppins in Cataclysm
Favourite food? Chili
Guilty pleasure? Wonka’s Scrumdiddlyumptious chocolate
Favourite leisure activity? (other than reading & writing, obviously!) Wait…there’s something out there besides writing and reading??
Most embarrassing moment?  I really wracked my brains over this one. I even went so far as to ask all my closest friends and relatives what that moment might be. We all failed miserably. I haven’t had any. Maybe that’s because I don’t embarrass very easily.  Even now as I sit here before you, completely in the buff, I’m not embarrassed.

Thank you for chatting with us today! Look forward to speaking with you when book 2 is released ;)
Thank you, Lisa! I’ll just put my clothes back on now and see myself out. I hope my nakedness hasn’t changed your view on me ;) But if you liked what you saw…tell a friend. Jensen Ackles is your friend, right? 

~x-x-x~ 

You can get yourself a copy of Supernova from The Writer's Coffee Shop, Amazon or Lulu!
Do you want to win a copy of Supernova? Sure you do! Just fill in this form. I've got 5 to give away! Ends 18th June.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...