Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teaser Tuesday & Top Ten Tuesday: Minor Characters

This meme is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's Top Ten Tuesday is about those minor characters that you love! They can be a side character or even someone who was only in the book for one page! Name 'em!
As always, in no particular order...

1. Falling Under - Donny
I think I liked her more than the main character. She was just so wonderful - where can I get one? She's very sarcastic, loves messing with people, is confident in just about every way and refuses to admit that she likes a guy!

2. I Am Number Four - Bernie Kosar
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, Bernie Kosar is the main character's dog. Dogs count as characters - shut up! These scenes were great and the way John would interact with his dog was hilarious. I'm pretty sure there was a scene where John talked about putting some superhero cape on the dog or something……

3. Georgina Kincaid series - Carter
So he's an angel that somehow becomes friends with Georgina, a succubus. He kind of holds a special place in my heart but why? I don't know! Maybe it's the sarcasm. Did I mention that something's up with his character and Georgina? There's no romantic feelings going on or anything but there's definitely something we don't know about! Carter seems interestingly interested in her. Too interested…

4. Hush Hush - Vee
Curvy, sassy, confident and funny. What's not to love? She's a great best friend to Nora and isn't afraid to snap back at the crappy popular girls. *holds up Team Vee sign*

5. Hex Hall - Ms Vanderlyden aka Vandy
So she's one of the teachers at Hex Hall, defence to be exact. Any teacher that has the balls to make a male student unwillingly perform some painful manoeuvres on a girl is a-okay with me. Just as long as the girl isn't me. Because knees in the sternum aren't, you know, fun…

6. Delirium - Hana
She's always been free-spirited and this positive attitude really does wonders on her best friend. Would Lena go to illegal parties and meet boys past curfew without Hana's influence? Probably not! And that would be a shame, a big shame. Her and Lena have a bit of a fall out but things get better again.

7. Vampire Academy - Christian
He may be sexier than the other two main males I think. I'm not too sure what it is about him. It could be his tall stature, dark hair and gorgeous eyes. Or it could be the fact that he's sarcastic, funny, sweet, romantic, caring, fiercely loyal, got the power of fire, brooding, athletic, intelli-…… where was I again?

8. Unearthly - Wendy
A little reserved and shy but totally friendly and sweet. She's a great friend to Clara! She also doesn't mind her best friend and brother dating so that's bonus points to her! Wouldn't getting sent a boy for your birthday just be the greatest? Thanks Wendy!

9. The Mortal Instruments - Magnus
Who can resist this glittery and powerful warlock? The fact that he's gay makes him 1000 times cooler in my book. Great personality and love his backstory too! Can't wait to read more about him in The Infernal Devices. Cassie can write as many Malec scenes as she wants in the final two TMI books! I won't mind :)

10. The Hunger Games - Haymitch
Yes, he's a lazy drunk but a pretty good one at that. Despite being seemingly useless, he helps Katniss and Peeta a lot in and outside of the Games. The guy has some pretty nice lines and overall is just a great character. Can't wait to see him in the movie!

Who are your top ten minor characters? Do you agree with mine or no?

~x-x-x~

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

The rules are simple!
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week I'm reading The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab. This novel is simply fabulous. If you haven't put it on your TBR list yet, do so now! Make sure you pick it up when it's released on August 2nd!
I'm out of bed and at her side before she can get any farther, pulling her back into the room and closing the gap where the cool air is seeping in. I look for something out on the moor, something that would have drawn my sister to the window, but there is nothing.
This was such a suspenseful and eerie scene. I was literally getting the chills! Victoria's writing is beautiful and poetic. Can't wait to let you all know what I think of it!

What's your teaser this Tuesday?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...