Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Review: Die For Me


Title: Die For Me
Author: Amy Plum
Series: Revenants #1
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published: May 10th 2011

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything. Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent. Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen. Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind. While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

Brilliant storytelling, compelling plot and fascinating characters make Die For Me a must read. The cover is beautiful and the title is perfect once you learn of its significance and meaning. Paris, romantic and rich in history, is the perfect setting for this paranormal fantasy and is able to create a magical atmosphere for a magical story.

Amy Plum has created a whole new world in the supernatural realm. Vampires, werewolves, ghosts…goodbye! Say hello to revenants, a new breed of creatures whose mythology is truly unique. It's was so enjoyable to learn about the concepts and history behind revenants as it's something that we've never come across before. Amy deserves a round of applause for coming up with something so unprecedented and extraordinary. We learn quite a bit about revenants but I'm still looking forward to more in the sequel!

Each character in this novel is honestly so loveable in their own way. There are almost 10 significant characters in the novel and every single one was a joy to read about. There were no flat moments where you wished to get back to the main characters as everyone had their own quirky personality and ability to steal the scene. I love that Vincent's friends are so adorably flirty and friendly. That's cute boys times three, guys! There's no need to fear - no love triangles, squares or pentagons here, people!

Kate's relationship with Vincent is addictive and stunning. She first spots him, handsome and mysterious, at a café with his friends. After a few questionable meetings, she succumbs to her fascination with him and there begins their whirlwind romance. I think the development of their relationship was really well done. Yes, he is the centre of her universe at times but is she blind and naive? Of course not! She continues to hold onto her values and many times throughout the novel, is rational and tries to resist his advances. But of course, like fate would allow that!

Die For Me
is the first novel in the Revenants series. The exciting plot and well-developed characters are sure to draw you in right from the start. Have fun choosing your favourite character! It's quite impossible. This is a fantastic, solid read that you'll finish in no time. Captivating, mystical, mesmerising - what are you waiting for?


Find Amy on Twitter, Goodreads, Facebook and her website.
Buy Die For Me on Amazon, The Book Depository, Barnes and Noble and Borders.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...