Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Covers I Wish I Could Redesign


This week's TTT is to show off those not so great covers! They can either be from books which you've read already and feel don't live up to what's inside, from books which you've been hesistant on reading or from books which you've bypassed completely!
This meme is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

In no particular order:



1. Luminous by Dawn Metcalfe


Yes, I get what the designers were going for but I'm sorry to say that it just looks like bad photoshop!




 

2. Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton


It's very plain and not an eye-catcher! I know that if I walked past, not knowing what it was about, I wouldn't give it a second glance.







3. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton


I can't pick out what exactly it is about this cover that I dislike. Maybe it's just that I think it should be more spectacular. Something that better represents what the book is about!






4. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost


What's with the cover? I've heard so many great things about this book! I know that this was published a while ago but still....2007! Not 1997!







5. Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach

The two people hugging looks very tacky. I have no problem with the idea and positioning, but it was just executed poorly. The title doesn't really mesh, so the whole cover seems to have multiple elements, just shoved together at the end with no connection between them!






6. Hourglass by Myra McEntire


If this is meant to be a real person...fail. If it's meant to be an animation type thing then...it's still bad. I don't particularly like fake-looking things! Also, I'm not really digging the dull colours...








7. Evernight series by Claudia Grey

 Do I even need to explain why I don't like this?









8. Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead


Again...very self-explanatory. If I had room, I'd put the Vampire Academy and Dark Swan series up here too. The VA covers get better but the early UK covers are absolutely terrible!





9. Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

 Old fashioned and not in a good way!








10. Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh


This one also looks old and amateurish! Styling just doesn't look very professional.





 I think there's a lot more covers I would change but I just grabbed a small sample. What covers would you change?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...