Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesday & Top Ten Tuesday: Rewind

This meme is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.




This week's Top Ten Tuesday is a chance for you to go back through the archives and chose a past TTT that you want to do, or maybe even redo! Have fun going through the linky lists this week ;)

So I'm doing a mash up of two rewinds. Why not keep things interesting while I'm away, hmm?

Books I'll Never Read

1. Fallen by Lauren Kate
2. House of Night by P.C. Cast
3. Evernight by Claudia Gray
These three sound so cheesy and immature. If another person gushes about them to me, they will get a slap in the face. I've had enough of your cruddy retellings! If I wanted to know about what ghosts were confusingly floating around or which guy the girl was in love with this time, I'd read them myself!

4. Evermore by Alyson Noel
Poor character construction. Apparently very annoying and the "worst one ever"? Guess I'm staying well away.

5. Charles Dickens
After reading the train wreck that was Great Expectations, I can't ever read another one of his books. The annoying thing is, his writing is actually very clever and the plots aren't half-bad…it's just his run on sentences! I can't take reading another ten pages about someone walking down a hallway and opening the door, okay?

Fictional Crushes

1. Edward Cullen - Twilight
Shut up. It's been a long time since I've read this series but he's stuck with me. We all know he's romantic so let's leave it at that.

2. Jace Wayland - The Mortal Instruments
A crush list would not be complete without Jace. I think we all know that. I'll take Jace, preferably when he's in a good mood. None of that depressing self-hate stuff, please.

3. Archer Cross - Hex Hall
Just recently read this…tell me you're not in love! Evil guy or not, I love him. Who knew a warlock could be so sweet?

4. Tucker Avery - Unearthly
Yes, he's a total ass at the beginning of the book but isn't he a total sweetheart at the end? Can't wait to see more of him! He's not in this list, but Christian' sa sweetie too. Why does Clara get all the luck?

5. Peeta Mellark - The Hunger GamesI love that he fell in love when he was just a little boy! I figure I can save a bunch of money too when he bakes our wedding cake himself :)

I have so many new books to read and so many old series to catch up on. I think I'm about 20 behind on the really good and really popular ones! I should take ten billion books with me to Italy, right? I won't have an excuse because I'm away from real life and on vacay! :)

~x-x-x~


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.



The rules are simple!
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

 This week I'm reading Ultraviolet! Here's my teaser from page 31.
"I hadn't meant to do it. I hadn't even known I could. But I'd been so angry, and before I could stop myself…"

Yes, I can count and see that that's three sentences but I guess I'm breaking all the rules this week.

Where did your rewind take you this week? Any good reads I should be aware of?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...