Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday & Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Turn Into Movies

This meme is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.



This week's Top Ten Tuesday is about the books you'd most like to become movies! With great series such as The Mortal Instruments and The Hunger Games already being made, what's left?
In no particular order.....

1. Vampire Academy
You don't know how long I've waited to see this become a movie! Fantastic characters, great plot, great potential for transfer onto screen (action sequences FTW!), the ability to draw in all kinds of viewers..... Film makers, are you taking note? Fingers crossed this wish of mine comes true one day!

2. Hex Hall
Well I've just read this series...3/4 anyways. I stopped in the middle of Demonglass so that I could whizz through City of Fallen Angels. But anyways, I'd really love to see this! Very interesting storyline.

3. Unearthly
Another one I've recently read! Who doesn't want to see Tucker and Christian on the big screen? I think Clara's visions would look magnificent on the big screen, as well as all of the other special effects!

4. Across the Universe
Great mystery/romance novel. It would be really interesting to see Godspeed all made up! Across the Universe really does have a wonderful setting, which is quite ironic seeing as it's just an isolated ship...

5. Matched
I just generally loved this one a lot. I think it'd do well as a movie!

6. Delirium
As with Matched, great plot! I want to see me some Alex! ...played by Alex Pettyfer, perhaps? 

7. Clockwork Angel
Now that I think about it, I would really really really like to see this become a movie. I love the Victorian era so that would be super exciting. Who wants to travel back in time with me?

8 & 9. Divergent and The Goddess Test
I haven't even read these yet (they're on their way to me in the mail!) but I know they'll be fantastic in print and I know they'll be fantastic as movies. Like VA, THG and TMI these books both have great potential for the big screen.

10. I WON'T REPEAT MYSELF
Oh yes, I'm cheating and only posting 9 but I think it would be unfair continuing on. There are SO many books out there that would do well as movies! Also I'm just waiting to read them all. My TBR list is miles long. And the load of books that should be coming my way this week will kill me. Can't wait to get stuck into all of the brilliant books though!

What do you think should be made into movies? Do you agree with my choices or are there any you'd stay well away from?

~~x-x-x~~

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.


The rules are simple!
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Obviously, this week it's City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. I received this yesterday at 5pm. I started reading it at 10pm. Finished it at 2am. All in a work's day! If I could, I'd share this hilarious four line conversation but I can't because of this blasted 2 line restriction! So anyways, here's a little teaser...

"And if I can't be with her, it doesn't really matter to me where I am. I might as well be with you, because at least if she knew I was trying to protect you, that might make her happy."

Ooh yes, there's some tension in the room!

What juicy teasers have you come across this week?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...