Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Review: Anna and the French Kiss



Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Penguin
Published: December 2nd 2010

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets √Čtienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

It's been a long time since I've cried so much whilst reading a book. Stephanie Perkins writes in a way so realistic that you can't do anything but experience the whole journey right along with Anna and reminisce about your own memories of friendship and love.

This novel has the perfect blend of humour, heartbreak, love and normal teenage school conflict. Anna and the French Kiss made me giggle a terribly huge amount. I read it on my flight to Italy, so it was either very funny or I was very delirious from the lack of sleep - I'm thinking both? Anna's thoughts are spot on and perfectly represent what most girls are thinking when they're around really sweet and really cute guys. *wink*

Etienne St. Clair is possibly the coolest fictional character ever. Born in San Francisco, raised in London, currently going to school in France…hell yes. British accents and the ability to speak French = serious hotness. He and Anna become best of friends and the developments in their relationship are fascinating to read about. It seems that they take one step forward, three steps back, and it's an exciting game of 'When Will They Get Together?'.

There are a few heartbreaking/warming moments in this novel that hit the nail on the head and really touch your heart. While I was reading this, I couldn't believe how it so perfectly echoed my past and current thoughts. Anna's character was so relatable and adorable so you're easily invested in her life. You never know how the characters will behave next - prepare for a quick read as you'll be rushing to get to the end!

This is a magnificent novel that you need to read right this moment. Anna and the French Kiss is a beautiful story about love, heartbreak, friendship, enemies, making mistakes and fixing things again. Fall in love with Etienne or else I'll lock him away and keep him to myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...