Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

In My Mailbox and On My Wishlist: 17/4/11

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren. Let us know what books you've bought, borrowed or received for review!

Firstly, a big happy birthday to Kristi!
Secondly, this will be my last IMM for 2 weeks. The stash will probably be good by the time I come back from Italy though. I'm expecting lots of packages!

This week I won:


Signed promo-cards, a bookmark and guitar pick from Jennifer Armentrout. Who's excited for for Half-Blood? *raises hand* ME!

I bought:

Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Can't wait to read Falling Under!

I've got some fantastic books coming this week but who knows if I'll get them before I leave this Thursday! Fingers crossed.

~x-x-x~



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet! They can be old, new or forthcoming. Join in and let us know what you're wishing for!

This week I'm wishing for: The Survivors by Amanda Havard


This book sounds really interesting and unique. Who's with me?

Summary from Goodreads:
In 1692, when witch trials gripped the community of Salem, Massachusetts, twenty-six children were accused as witches, exiled, and left for dead. Fourteen of them survived.The Survivors is the first installment of the tantalizing tales of the fourteen ill-fated Survivors and their descendants, who have been content in hiding for over three centuries. Isolated on a Montana mountainside, only Sadie, the rogue daughter, dares to abandon the family's sacred hiding place. But no matter how far Sadie runs, something always pulls her back.


On a muggy summer night in Tennessee, she witnesses a shocking scene that will change her life forever. It is the first in a sequence of events that will drag her from the human world she's sought to belong to for over a century and send her back to her Puritanical family and into an uncertain future filled with cunning witches, mysterious nosferatu shape-shifters, dangerous eretica and vieczy vampires, millennia-old mythology, and the search for her own mortality. 

After all...
HOW DO YOU KILL A SURVIVOR? 

~x-x-x~

What's in your mailbox this week? Anything on that wishlist?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...