Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cassandra Clare News

So Cassandra Clare has told us a ton of news via her Twitter.

1. This is from Clockwork Prince and is now called the DSBS (Dirty Sexy Balcony Scene)!
He reached up and unlocked Tessa's hands from around his neck. He drew her gloves off, and they joined her mask and the hairpins on the stone floor of the balcony. He pulled off his own mask next and cast it aside, running his hands through his sweat-dampened hair, pushing it back from his forehead. The lower edge of the mask had left marks across his high cheekbones, like light scars, but when she reached to touch them, he gently caught at her hands and pressed them down.
“No,” he said. “Let me touch you first."

2. Some exciting news on a new series!
"I have a plan for another Shadowhunter trilogy (contemporary, but not about the characters from TMI). Working title: The Dark Artifices. It takes place five years after the end of TMI (ie in 2012) and deals with the Shadowhunters of the Los Angeles Institute. There is a tangential connection to the characters of TMI but they are not main characters. The main characters are teens (meaning that during the events of TMI they'd be 11, 12 years old.) The main female protagonist's name is Emma, the main male protagonist's name is Julian. They are both Shadowhunters. They both have always known they are Shadowhunters. There is love, magic, romantic confusion, etc. and so on. I have not sold these books; I haven't written any of them, I won't until I'm done with what I'm writing now. So I don't have a pub date beyond "after CoHF."

3. She also tells us that Clockwork Prince will be the longest book! I'm very excited since I love The Infernal Devices hard.

4. City of Lost Souls teaser - Yes, please!
Magnus made a soft, pleased sound, and he gripped the back of Alec’s shirt.

5. COLS takes place 2 weeks after the end of City of Fallen Angels. 2 weeks? How can you jump 2 weeks after that cliffhanger?!

6. Cassie has written 3/4 of COLS so far.

7. She also did a fun little Q&A session where she played the part of several characters! Check it out here but be warned. Spoilers for those who haven't read COFA yet!

I'm sure there's more news floating around but she just tweets so much! So make sure you're following and stalking her page ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...