Readers: February 27th: Apologies for the scattered posting that's about to come during the next week or so. University has just started and I have a lot of work to do to get on top of things (and ahead!). Thanks for your patience, as always.

Publishers: I promise I'm not abandoning the lovely review copies you've sent!
I'm getting through them and the reviews will come eventually!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Review: City of Glass

 
Title: City of Glass
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #3
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Published: March 24th 2009

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters — never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. 
As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City — whatever the cost?


The third book of the Mortal Instruments series was, like the previous two, amazing. I don't think I realised until just now how much I gush about this series. In my eyes, everything was just about perfect.
  • Great things we got:
  • Action scenes
  • Jace/Clary scenes
  • Important revelations
  • Backstory reveals
  • Solved mysteries
  • EVERYTHING ELSE IN BETWEEN
City of Glass was filled with so many breathtaking moments that I won't even bother talking about them individually. There was such a deep sense of satisfaction felt when something finally went right, when a character finally did what you wanted them to.

Speaking of characters, all of them have been written exceptionally well up until this point. I feel as if I know about every single character in detail and there's no such thing as a "minor character". Enjoyed learning the backstories immensely.

The was-to-be final installment of the series ends wonderfully, giving us closure and warmth. Even without City of Fallen Angels, to be released next month, it would still be perfect.



Really glad that Cassie's signed on for three more books after this. It was actually one, which later turned into another two, but who's complaining? I know i'll love it. Cassandra Clare is my hero and can never go wrong! Who's excited?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...